Tuesday 5 August 2014

AND THE AWARD FOR BEST CREATIVITY GOES TO...

Collecting my award for best creativity.  Okay it was a bit of corrugated plastic, but soon it will be a new sewing machine and THB5,000!  Yes a very big smile from me.

Siriwan Vilassakdanont is the Managing Director of Wien International and the Chair of the organising committee for the Thailand Great Quilt Festival.  A very congenial lady.
I went back on stage once more to collect Sue's prize (ha ha, I took ALL your glory Sue as people thought I had won twice!)
and then stayed there for the official line up.  I am grinning at friends who were there to cheer me on.
The winners.  The man in the line up won two prizes, having entered both categories.
The trouble with having friends in the audience, it can lead to a severe case of the giggles, which I tried really hard to hold in!

Imagine how overjoyed I was to meet Noriko Nozawa, who during the photo session, came over to congratulate me and to talk to me about my quilt, praising the composition, the simplicity and the way I had the reflection of the sky in the water.  Oh yes, that grin on my face says it all!!!
By this point and after multiple photos with both my quilt and Sue's, I realised that the board plays a vital role in photos, it hides what you don't want shown!!!  The person who just shouted why aren't you holding it higher then, is going to get into big trouble!
This lady won an honorary award for best sewing, she was very sweet.
Mark tried to claim my award!  Either that or he too has realised the value of a strategically placed board!
Craig and Mark hosted us (and Baz when he arrived) to quite a few celebratory drinks bottles at the Kempinski  hotel (oh and a delicious strawberry cake in my case).  Then we went off to celebrate at one of my favourite places, Jim Thompson's house for dinner.
It was a great day for me.

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Love, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a day. I sooo wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok short comment appeared - was a test - so am back in them land of being able to comment on your blog.

    This must have been a dream. Somany good moments captured in the p

    ReplyDelete
  4. i give up. as you can see i cant edit comment on ipad for some reason. will email you

    ReplyDelete