Tuesday 15 November 2011

Norah Finds Her Groove

Part XI of The Battys.
I keep getting these messages asking to see my paintings.  Well the truth is, I haven't had a chance to work in the studio because it got taken over by the Battys.
It all started when Norah, after seeing me painting, decided that she too would have a go.  She got out her paper, paints and textbook and off she started.
The trouble was sadly, Norah just couldn't get started on anything.  She stood there for hours waiting for the creative muse, but nothing happened.  (I know THAT feeling!).  She felt under pressure with her two friends watching.  Friends take note here!
Blondie found Norah's inability to start a painting so funny, she actually fell over and knocked her wig off!  Well at least that brought a smile to Norah's face, seeing the vain Blondie revealing her true bald self.  Little Red was a lot kinder and saw just how distressed poor Norah was.  She also realised that perhaps Norah was running before she could walk.
Give Norah her due, she kept at it for hour after hour, but still the creative muse passed her by.  Just look at how upset she is, why I even think there is a fallen tear on the paper.
Little Red stepped in.  She explained to Norah that perhaps she would be better off tackling something slightly less adventurous first.  Then Little Red whipped out her pen and drew a picture for Norah.
Blondie and Norah looked on with awe, as Norah showed them how easy it was to draw a picture, if someone shows you how.
Norah examined the picture closely. "You mean I too, could do this?  Could you help me?"
Before you knew it, and after just a few lessons, Little Red had the girls drawing like true artists.

Just look how happy the Batty friends are as they finish off their drawings.

I suppose the moral of this story is that your true friends will always be there for you, to help you on your way.  Oh, and I guess it is also to make sure you secure your wig properly before making fun of others!

1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    Love your Batty posts as always. I noted their
    final drawings at the end of your story - you've
    got talent lady - keep going. Love, Janice

    ReplyDelete