Friday 6 January 2012

The Drunken Zen Garden

Part VI
Well with the less than perfect sand lines, I could only embrace the obvious and pass them off as the work of a drunk zen gardner!
It didn't take any time to finish this off last night.

Tree detail.
You can see the background layer peeking through.
The zen rock formation.

That's it.  I don't think I would ever use this method for a big quilt.  It is way too messy (you should see what comes out of my sewing machine after) and I don't like all the cutting.  Having said all that, this really is lighthearted fun.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. I've just noticed how dark it gets under the trees back in the forest. Works really well.

    Please don't do a big one. Alan couldn't put up with the guilt -ie i'm not sure the 'rest' institutions there are any better than they are here.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Super talented Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just gone through your entire process and I am amazed at your talent and creativity. Talking through your steps and decision making really helped me see the elements needed to make this type of quilt better. Beautiful! Janice

    ReplyDelete