Sunday 5 February 2012

Guess The New Quilt

I have owned a meter of this piece of fabric since I lived in Japan.  In fact, the shop had it in a variety of colours, so I bought quite a lot of yards.  Over the years I have used bits and pieces of it in other projects, but mostly, I just like to look at it, in all its hand dyed glory.  When I was looking for a piece of fabric for this project, I pulled this out and it begged me to use it.  Don't you just love it?
 Can you guess the subject of my new quilt?

The clue is in the colour of the confetti and that the inspiration was my trip with Janice to Chiang Mai

Yes, yes, I know I said I wasn't going to do another one, but these little confetti quilts are getting a bit addictive.

Oh and despite having purchased some fabric just for chopping up, I ended up raiding my stash and cutting up a few (gulp) batiks!  For those who don't know, I just adore my batiks, in all their richly hued varieties, so chopping them up was very hard to do.

Please, send me your old curtains, send me your old shirts, even send me your old drawers (er, well maybe not), just send me something I can chop up without crying!

1 comment:

  1. It almost looks like a complete scene - a field - foreground of plants - taller grasses in mid field and trees in background - amazing. could just add the tiniest flashes of flowers and /or subtle building/people's things etc in the environment. i look forward to seeing your interpretation. i have just been thru my cupboards and have masses (about 3-4 suitcases of old shirts and upholstery fabric etc to do things with or get rid of - but bit to far to send to you unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete