Wednesday 17 July 2013

Gel Candles

I decided to make some this scented candles this week.   I had some of the candle gel mixture at hand, so thought I would try that for a change.  I added orange oil to the gel and some orange colouring to complete the look.  In one of the containers I put a few seashells for decoration.

I didn't have enough clear containers, so I recycled two jam jars (thank you Pat).   If I say so myself they don't look too bad.  I doubt they are supposed to have all the bubbles, but who cares?
I put one on my desk and sat back to enjoy the lovely aroma of - nothing!  I suspect I didn't put enough orange oil in them.  Even more of a drag, I didn't put a wick in one of them, so I could use it on the candle melter thing, that I bought in the US.  Darn!  I will have to dig the gel out and hopefully it will remelt and I can throw in a ton of scent.  The others are destined for the balcony as ambient lighting.  Oh well, you can't win them all!

3 comments:

  1. On the bright side, they do look very cool. jt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to put glass shelves acroos a window, then place lots of glass contIners of various beautifully colored something This would be much better than water as it wouldnt go stale and is also useful candles. Looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also wonderful if variously scented (not included in my last comment bc ipad problems with comments if i try to change letters)

    ReplyDelete