Monday 15 August 2011

Oh wow, look at those tiles man!

If my post sounds unusually chirpy, it may be because I have been glue sniffing!  Oh wow!  Just look at those colours man!  Oh, I have the munchies!  

Actually, they are working on the apartment downstairs, and are fitting new tiles.  The fumes are so strong, you just would not believe it.  I thought I would pass out in the lift.  

Maybe the workers were overpowered with fumes when they fitted the cheap, Chinese, piece of crap tiles in our kitchen (excuse the language).

Those tiles do not look like that because I never wash them.  Actually I don't ever wash them, Sam our helper does, but anyway, you know what I mean.  They are like that because they are cheap and nasty.  The glue underneath them has somehow marked the tiles.  Of course this didn't show until the kitchen (which was newly installed for us) had been used for several months.  What a waste of money.  Of course they can't be changed without a great deal of drilling up.  We also have the same tiles in our back hallway, which have also gone like this.  

There really is something to be said for not buying cheap.  I'm not sure why I think you would care about my floor tiles, but its my blog, so I can moan if I want to.

Well I guess the glue soon wore off!!!

Anyway...

I went for my walk to the supermarket and as I passed this sign for some apartments for the hundredth time I thought, I know I'll post this on the blog.  I mean, what were they thinking?!

Now, I don't want to give the name of the person that this happened to, but it wasn't me and it wasn't Alan.  

I have two friends, lets call them Tom and Jerry.  I don't know why I should call them that.  I was going to call them Frick and Frack, which I thought was the name of two cartoon chipmunks, which I thought rather cute.  However a quick and fortuitous look at Wikipedia, informed me that Americans use that as a term of derision for two people.  So Tom and Jerry they now are.  Where was I?  

Oh yes, Tom and Jerry went out to dinner last night at a French restaurant, run by a Thai chef.  It is a very 'local' place.  Tom and Jerry like to sit outside in the gutter area where the chef cooks.  Yes this really is true.  They sit there waiting for their steak, or foie gras, sipping some cheap wine and breathing in the exhaust, as yet another construction lorry manoeuvres its way past them.  Yes, they know a romantic spot when they see it.  

Tom had dessert, some sort of mousse I think.  He polished the lot off.  When the chef came past and asked was it good, Tom said great!  To prove the point he put his finger in the puddle of dessert that was sitting on the table and stuck it in his mouth.  Keeping a smile on his face, he managed to choke out: "Great".  What had he run his finger through and put so greedily in his mouth?  BIRD POOP!!!

4 comments:

  1. That's too funny, about your friend Tom-not your tiles! J

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i woke my neighbours with that laugh.
    also, Helper! Helper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, we do read these!!! C

    ReplyDelete