Thursday 30 August 2012

More Fun Photos

Ask a foreigner in Bangkok about taxis and inevitably it comes to one thing, why do all taxi drivers let rip the most noxious fart imaginable, once the taxi is under way?  Like a stealth bomber, that driver drops a fart, that can leave you reeling and choking in the back seat.

I've long given up pretending that I haven't smelt anything.  I hold my finger to my nose or whip out my fan  In the more horrific cases, I crank the window down and with my eyes streaming, I frantically wave my fan in front of my face.

I have Helene to thank for this picture.  She was travelling in a taxi from the airport, when the group she was with spotted this sticker behind the driver's seat.

I'd like to think that it was the taxi driver who put it there, to assure his passengers that he was not part of the Thai taxi fart team.  In reality it was probably a choking passenger desperate to stop this foul habit.

Here are some more pictures from my desk calendar.

You know how we are always being told that we eat crap these days?  Well...
The above was from Korea, I can't remember where the one below is from
Now come on ladies, who amongst us hasn't thought this could be a thriving business with a post menopausal cliental?
On that note, I'm signing off this blog for about a month as I will be in Utah.  I'll still be publishing (hopefully) on the Coven blog, so see me there!

1 comment:

  1. They really show the differences in cultures - though I am sure London taxi drivers let some silent deadly ones rip or is it just their natural body odour
    Enjoy Utah

    ReplyDelete