Tuesday 7 February 2012

I Am Just A Poor Boy Though My Story's Seldom Told

Alan gave us both an enormous fright yesterday, when he passed out, hitting his head on the hardwood floor.
As you can see, he had a huge gash above his eyebrow.  I took this photo to prove to Alan that this cut DID need stitching, and would NOT heal on its own.  Thankfully he realised that it did need more than my nursing skills, gained from ER, Chicago Hope and St Elsewhere!

I quickly took this with my phone whilst the nurse had her back turned.
All ready for the 6 hours we spent in the hospital, seeing the doctor a couple of times, a surgeon, a plastic surgeon and having an EKG.
This morning he looks a lot better, having been stitched up (4 inner and 10 outer stitches) and having had some sleep and pain killers.  The eye is getting more and more obscured, so he could yet achieve a boyhood ambition of getting a shiner!  He was however saddened to receive the first stitches he has ever had.  Way to go Alan, couldn't you have settled for a small cut on your leg or something like that?!  Luckily he seems none the worse for it, though still has pain near the wound.

The doctors think he is okay and we are able to go off to Penang on Wednesday.  It is his birthday on Thursday.  What a way to celebrate!

By the way, there are already rumours going around, spread by Tom and Jerry, that I hit Alan with a rolling pin.  There is absolutely no truth in that, I don't even own a rolling pin.  Now, back to my pastry!

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking frying pan. Will leave a sexy hard man scar - either dueling or east end knife fight. Surely he passed out looking at your beauty. You better start veiling yourself. I hope he feels ok and it doesn't happen again. I assume docs checked all possibilities - heat, sugar levels etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't advise travel after seeing the 4th picture. Looks like a 'wanted' poster!
    Hope you feel better soon and have a great birthday! Pauline x

    ReplyDelete