Saturday 19 July 2014

DIGITAL CLASS REVIEW AND QUILT: PAINTED PICTORIAL QUILTS WITH ANNETTE KENNEDY, PART II

This was the first project of the class, a lily.  Luckily for me it is one of my favourite quilting themes.  

 The lily and leaf used three, fairly boring commercial fabrics.  Here the guidelines are drawn in.
 Following Annette's stroke by stroke guidelines, that flat leaf now has dimension.
The painted lily.  Just compare it to the flat yellow piece of fabric above.  Okay, it is not masterful painting, but for the first go, I was very happy with it.
I quilted the flower and leaf minimally so that the emphasis was on the painting.  As a side note, this was what I was working on about a year ago, when my sewing machine started going haywire.  One of the reasons I didn't get around to finishing the quilt was because the appliqué is less than stellar.  Well, as long as only short sighted people look at it without their glasses on, it won't matter too much!
 The finished quilt - Painted Lily
You have to admit that the difference between the first picture and the last, well they are worlds apart. 

1 comment:

  1. Kim, once again, it is wonderful. The leaf, especially, is amazing. It looks real. Your skills just continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete